Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Rabbi And The Christian Cab Driver, Sikh Scripture, NAACP Backs Gay Marriage

Sunday, May 20, 2012
I flew into Syracuse, N.Y., on a windy evening in October of 2000. After we landed, I hailed a cab. This not being New York City, where I am from, there was no cab line, no wait and no time to look at the car I was jumping into.

As soon as I was in the cab however, I noticed that pretty much every surface of the car's interior was covered with a JESUS LOVES YOU sticker, that there was a crucifix mounted on the dashboard and there were even little green pocket bibles hanging on strings at the point where the windshield meets the frame of the car. This wasn't just a cab, it was a rolling cathedral!
NAACP Endorses Gay Marriage
An Introduction To Sikh Scripture
Scandalized Vatican Calls New Book 'Criminal'
Queen Should Remain Head Of The Church of England According To Poll
SOLD OUT: Ultra-Orthodox Jews To Hold Huge Rally Against The Internet
BLOG POSTS
Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld: Mitt Romney's Pranks And Jewish Law
Are practical jokes or pranks on an unsuspecting person permitted according to Jewish law? What about teasing someone or calling them by a nickname?
Rachel Marie Stone: The Antinomian Religious Diet
I'm not telling you to go eat processed cheese, or that all food rules are bad and doomed to become pathological and isolating. It's just that there's more to food than just its ability to confer health, or even spiritual enlightenment.
Sarah O'Leary: Human Rights Begin in the Pew
I believe in exacting change from the inside out by trying to make things better rather than abandoning them. But unless I can find a way to express my opposition to all forms of bigotry within the confines of my Church, I'm going to have to sit that pew out.
Aaron Anson: Seek Your Own Truth
We must seek those quiet spaces in our life that are safe for vulnerable explorations of meaning. These spaces are not found inside physical institutions or places where demagoguery slays reflective, rational and factually grounded discourse.
Reb Ezra Weinberg: I'll Never Forget Hod of Yesod Again
How did I remember that today is the Hebrew calendar date of my son's first birthday? I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that it was not by my own memory, but truly of divine intervention.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top