Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pentecost, Pope's Butler, Mourning, Hindu Teaching

Sunday, May 27, 2012
When I arrived at church on Pentecost Sunday a few years ago, I sat down in the pews and looked up to see red and orange balloons in the rafters, and a small red candle on the altar. The service bulletin explained that these were meant to symbolize the famous "tongues of fire" of the first Pentecost. After the service was over, I asked our pastor about this. "I don't know what to do with Pentecost," she mumbled.
Refusing To Cover Head, Christian Woman Sues Muslim Employer
Pope's Butler Arrested In Embarrassing Scandal
Parents Take Teaching Hinduism Into Their Own Hands
Mourning Around The World
Jewish Women Receive The Torah
'My Love Led Me To Be A Scribe'
BLOG POSTS
Ruth Messinger: Our Current Global Food Crisis and How We Can Feed 17 Million More People
This year during Shavuot, the Jewish holiday which marks the end of the harvest, I am reminded of my commitment to alleviate hunger.
Rabbi Steven Carr Reuben, Ph.D.: Etan Patz and 5 Lessons That Loss Can Teach
The pain of my childhood loss became something I could no longer deny, and I made a vow to turn my own life-long struggle to learn how to live with grief and loss into lessons that would guide the rest of my life.
John Shore: Director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State writes IRS about Pastor Charles Worley
I think Barry W. Lynn's letter could prove to be the snowball that finally starts the avalanche that ultimately wipes out political proselytizing from the pulpit of American churches.
Father Alberto Cutie: Who Is Responsible for Secrecy in the Legionaries of Christ?
For years there have been many people in authority above him who were repeatedly made aware of the struggles and difficulties surrounding the abusive behavior of the founder and other dysfunctions in the Legionaries
Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld: Confessions of a Free!aholic
I confess! I am a freeaholic. What is a freeaholic? I am addicted to offering things to other people for free. But there is no such things as a free lunch, so it is time to look at my own behavior.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top