Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lost Dr. Seuss Cartoons From WWII Era

Thursday, May 31, 2012
Hi, y'all! Zoƫ here.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE Dr. Seuss. I always have. So when I saw these lost cartoons that he penned during the World War II era, I was extremely excited!

Dr. Seuss changed my life as a child by instilling a love for rhyming and poetry. "McElligot's Pool" and "Scrambled Eggs Super" were two of my favorites. My ultimate favorite was "I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew." If you haven't read it, I suggest you do (look, I rhymed! Dr. Seuss has obviously taught me something!)

Of course, we have some other fun stuff on Dr. Seuss. Here are 7 things you probably didn't know about him and some of his most memorable quotes (there are some really great ones).

More from HuffPost Books:
'Les Miserables' Trailer: Anne Hathaway Dreamed A Dream (VIDEO)
Borders Gift Card Holders Fight To Reclaim Their Money After Bankruptcy Liquidation
Christian Bale Biography: 'Batman' Star Was Almost In 'Titanic' & 13 Other Revelations From Harrison Cheung's Book
'Harry Potter' Spells Supercut: Watch Harry, Ron & Hermione Cast Spells From All 8 Films (VIDEO)
Who Will Star In The 'American Pastoral' Movie Adaptation?
BLOG POSTS
Amy Elizabeth Smith: Literary Politics: Who Would Jane Austen Vote For?
If Jane Austen were alive today, how would she vote? Would the champion of marrying for love support gay marriage? Would the advocate of a woman getting to choose her future mate herself support reproductive choice?
Linda McQuaig: 10 Things Billionaires Probably Don't Want You To Know
If today's rich have shown unusual talent, it's mostly been a talent for rigging the rules in their own favor. So let's take a quick look at ten billionaires and some things they probably don't want you to know about them.
Bill Thompson: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Birds (PHOTOS)
I've written a lot of books, but none that I'm prouder of than this one. Here are 11 birds that could change the life of the young birder in your life - or yours.
Mels van Driel: Facts and Fantasies About Masturbation
Does everyone do it? Or has everyone done it? The answer is yes! For some people, masturbation is actually the high point of their day. The celebrated gynecologist Hector Treub put it succinctly: 'We've all masturbated and those who say they've never done it are still doing it!'
Bernard Avishai: Why Is 'Portnoy's Complaint' Such An Enduring Novel?
Philip Roth's Portnoy's Complaint was a prodigy's most sensational fiction, not coincidentally about a prodigiously articulate hero.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top