Thursday, May 17, 2012

First Thinspo Now "Fitspo"?.. How Men's Marriages Affect Women's Jobs

Thursday, May 17, 2012
I love my body.

When I say this, I frequently hear lots of clapping and even cheers. I give talks across the country about my personal recovery from an eating disorder, and people in the audience are often fed up (no pun intended) with assaults against women's bodies. It is not often that we actually hear someone say, "I love my body."
How Working Men's Marriages May Hold Women Back
First Thinspo, Now 'Fitspo'
Did Anyone Need 'Man Candles'?
LISTEN: Michelle Obama's Workout Playlist
What Eating Meat Has To Do With Masculinity
BLOG POSTS
Marlo Thomas: Tech Apps: A Few of My Favorite Things
I'm all plugged in at this point. And now I'm constantly discovering new apps, gadgets and gizmos that I just love.
Stephanie Covington Armstrong: My Mother Wishes I Were Gay
My mother keeps prodding me to come out of the closet. She wants me to accept my rightful place in the world as a gay woman. I am probably the only straight woman in America whose mother keeps a watch for latent homosexual urges.
Selvaggia: The Question People Won't Stop Asking Me
In my imagination, I always thought having a biological child or adopting one would equally fulfill the mother in me. Or at least that is what I thought until a few weeks ago.
Meredith Fineman: Puff, the Magic Relationship -- Dating in Fantasyland
Are you expecting to board the platform 9 3/4 Train to Boyfriendland, where everyone looks like Javier Bardem and they're waiting for your arrival holding three bags of Louboutins and a puppy?
Shannon Bradley-Colleary: Going to Therapy with my Mother
"Don't let your life be all about men the way mine has been," my mom said on the long distance line as I sobbed about my latest tortured love affair circa 1991.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top