Friday, May 25, 2012

Best Parenting Tweets.. Myth About Kids And Cellphones..Most Bizarre Baby Names

Friday, May 25, 2012
The very manly trait of boyish delight comes built into most of us, and our job is not to let it get removed.

I walk outside and jot down that idea. When I look at it, I realize it's not good enough for The List. Ever since Cassandra got pregnant, I started writing a list of life advice for my son, Laszlo. It's my philosophy: a combination of what I've learned by doing, seeing, reading, and listening. The List is the most embarrassing thing I've ever written. And I just wrote about owning an Easy‐Bake Oven. But this idea about being born happy and having to exercise that happiness, while not being good enough for The List, does make me think about the day Laszlo was born, which, despite all the talk about it being the most memorable day of a person's life, doesn't pop in my head often. I didn't learn all that much that day, other than that women should definitely get the epidural right away, out of politeness to others. But I also learned that I had no idea how we start out.

Click here to read the full story.
The Best Kid Quotes On Twitter This Week
Baby Wows The Crowd On 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Big Myths About Cellphones And Kids
The Most Bizarre Baby Names In America
WATCH: Dad Tricks His Son ... For 9 Years
BLOG POSTS
Lisa Belkin: How Etan Changed Our World -- And What We Must Do About It
We are teaching them that the world is more dangerous than it actually is, that everyone and anyone is out to get them, that they need an adult close to keep them safe.
Jim Steyer: Facebook's Moment to Lead
By the time my daughter is 18 she will have sent more than half a million texts. As a parent and a digital immigrant, I find this technology use daunting. Parents, we are conducting an experiment on our own kids in real time -- and we still have no idea what the effect will be.
Marlo Thomas: The Fight Against Bullying -- Kids Take Charge
Adults often underestimate children's ability to grasp the heart of a concept -- or run with an idea of their own -- but we're wrong. They're a lot smarter and more take-charge than we think. We're seeing that ability take hold now with bullying.
Dr. Philip Zimbardo: Why Society Is Failing Young Boys
As entertaining as these movies can be, what are the effects these stereotypes of men have on the young guys growing up watching them?
Dan Bucatinsky: More Than I Can Chew
Why did I have to buy the umbrella and grocery shop and take Eliza all at the same time? Why did I agree to host a stupid barbecue? Why did I agree to do all the prep and planning? Why did I agree to have kids? I've definitely bitten off more than I can chew.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top