Monday, May 14, 2012

And The Most Popular Baby Names Are ...

Monday, May 14, 2012
Sophia is the new top girls' name in the U.S., unseating Isabella after a two-year reign, according to the Social Security Administration's announcement of 2011's popular baby names.

Jacob remains the most popular name for boys for the 13th year in a row. An Old Testament name that means "supplanter" and a cousin of James, Jacob has been in the Top Ten for nearly two decades.

Mayim Bialik On Attachment Parenting: 'We Don't All Nurse Older Kids'
Rosie Pope Live Tweets Her Birth ON Mother's Day
Shocking Number Of States Fail Working Mothers
Woman And Her Surrogate BOTH Pregnant With Twins
Stop Making 2 Dinners: 'Grown-Up Meals' Kids Will Eat
BLOG POSTS
Farah L. Miller: What I Know About Motherhood Now That I'm a Parenting Editor
Over the course of my tenure here, I have spoken (sometimes in person, more often virtually) to all kinds of moms. I often find myself saying something like, "Oh my god, how do you do it?"
Dr. Peggy Drexler: Female Role Models: the Absent Conversation
The great post-feminist irony is that in an age of hard-won female opportunity, media is channeling that opportunity to a place of hyper-sexualized stupidity. It's not who you are -- it's how hot you are.
Alex McCord: Just Pay the Kid
Christine Carter, PhD: How to Keep Your Child Safe (and Happy) Online
Like a lot of parents, I've been struck by how active -- though not savvy -- my kids and their friends are with social media.
Arianna Huffington: My Mother: The Ultimate Fearless Role Model
My mother embodied the qualities that we need to grow into as we grow older -- especially simplicity and a connection with the sacred. For all those blessed to be in her orbit, it felt as if these dimensions of life were taken care of.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top