Friday, May 25, 2012

2,500 Arrests.. Protest Grows.. Astral Shareholders Revolt

Friday, May 25, 2012
The staggering number of student protest-related arrests in Quebec — 2,500 and counting — is about to add costs and delays to an already overburdened justice system.
Clang Of Unrest Rings Out Across Quebec As Protest Grows
Young And Old Canadians Just Don't Agree
Astral Shareholders Revolt, Deny CEO's BIG Bonus
Mafia Kingpin Hid In Canada
Bodies Found In Affluent Quebec Neighbourhood
BLOG POSTS
Larry Rousseau: No, The Student Protest Is Not Just About Tuition
Contrary to what is claimed repeatedly in the mainstream press, students are not saying that they should not pay their "fair share" for education and let the province sink into debt. In the context of the strike, where one stands on the above public financing options is certainly important, but it is ultimately of secondary significance. What is more more significant is that the strikes have created an opportunity for a mainstream debate not only in Quebec, but across Canada, about what the responsibilities of large corporations and the wealthy in society must be.
Ashley Peoples: Slummin' it in Cannes: Even My Trailer Has a Certain "Je Ne Sais Quoi"
2012-05-17-cannesDanielle.jpgMy trailer was a celebrated destination during the storms by campground friends staying in tents. Unlike rainy and cold-to-the-bone camping days in Canada, I could take, and not just dream about, a hot shower. Slummin' it in Cannes means I put plastic bags around my heels to walk through muddied trails, but if it means I walk from that mud to the red carpet, that's all right with me.
Kenny Yum: HuffPost Canada's First Year -- Disruptin' the Hood
The Huffington Post is a disruptor. A year after we launched, I can confidently say the readers are coming: As of April, 2.9 million Canadians visited Huffington Post sites to the tune of 415 million page views. We have a tone and personality, and it helps us connect to our audience. It is part of our identity and I think you love us for that.
Supriya Dwivedi: To Police, the Quebec Protesters (And Bystanders) Are Cattle
Last night marked a turning point in the Quebec student conflict, as police arrested over 500 protesters. The police have come under constant attack for being heavy handed in their approach, most often through their employment of tear gas; however, last night they used a different approach. It's called kettling.
Colette Kenney: How to Deal When You're "Undateable"
Dear Colette, I've been online dating for a few years now and I haven't had all that much luck. When I write to the men I'd like to know better, their replies are either nonexistent or downright mean. I know the reason that they do this: Men are visual, and I'm not all that much to look at. I know that. What is a woman like me to do?

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top