Friday, May 18, 2012

Facebook: Not Just For Millenials.. "The Last Lecture" Widow Jai Pausch.. Have You Gotten This Test?

Friday, May 18, 2012
For years, social media was seen as a new toy for the young and hip. But as Facebook's record-setting IPO has shown, social platforms have grown far beyond their early use of documenting beer pong tournaments. Social media is a cultural and economic behemoth, and it is the propelling force behind the meteoric rise of smartphones. For young and old alike, social is the thing. And with a global population that will include two billion over 60 in the next couple of decades, even the all-mighty Facebook will no doubt respond to the aging population marketplace.
No More 'Good' Cholesterol?
CDC Urges Boomers To Get Tested For This Disease
Saying Goodbye To Randy: Jai Pausch On Dreaming New Dreams
Why You Should Eat Dinner At Home Tonight
What Happened When I Said 'No' To Taylor Swift
BLOG POSTS
Tracy Beckerman: Losing the Aging Game by a Hair
If she had been an adult, I might have rolled my eyes cynically. But from a kid, it was the ultimate compliment.
Howard Barbanel: The Last Dance: Donna Summer (1948-2012)
All she asked "is that you dance with me," and dance we did. Donna Summer, the voice of an era, gone at 63.
Linda Durnell: 7 Habits That Can Hurt You
To let go of the habits we created is difficult, but the rewards of creating new and positive habits can be life-changing.
Marjorie Hope Rothstein: My Affair with/Addiction to Yoga
As a nice Jewish girl from Long Island, the chanting of AOUMMM (OM) was strange to me. Here was my first awareness of the Chinese philosophy of Yin/Yang. Siddartha blew me away.
Myra Demeter: Student and Parents' Increasing Indebtedness to Pay for College
I clutched my savings bankbook close to me as I walked with focus and determination to the bank. It was 1968 and I was walking to my savings bank to empty my bank account to pay for college. My passbook represented all the deposits I had made for the past 16 years.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top