Monday, February 28, 2011


Randy Newman didn't expect to win an Oscar for Best Original Song at 'The 83rd Annual Academy Awards' (Sun., 8:30PM on ABC). "My percentages aren't great," he said. "I've been nominated 20 times and this is the second time I've won."

That win came in 2002 for the movie 'Monsters, Inc,' while this was another Pixar collaboration: 'Toy Story 3.' He performed the song 'We Belong Together' earlier in the show, and said it was indicative of his desire to be "good television."

Unfortunately, he was advised by the Academy that "it's not really good television to take a list out of your pocket and thank a lot of people."

In Newman's defense, he didn't pull out a list, but he did produce from his mind a list of people to thank. "I just have to thank these people," he said. "I don't want to. I want to be good television so badly."

We think in failing the Academy's suggestion, Newman was good television indeed.

Source : http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/02/28/randy-newman-wins-original-song-oscar-video/
Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top