Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why I've Never Been In A Relationship..Abstinence Got Me Pregnant..It's OK To Cry At Work

Thursday, May 31, 2012
"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I wish I could tell you how many times I have been/will be asked this question. My family knows the answer, so they don't bother anymore. But everyone else -- almost friends, estranged relatives, manicurists, waxers, cab drivers, the man who makes my beet juice, and even the occasional homeless man -- comes right out with it. I've learned to be nice. I cock my head to the side, smile wide, and try to look like a Disney princess when I say no. And even nicer when they tell me that I am pretty and should. But I'm tired of it. So no, Lady Who Paints My Nails Contrasting Shades Of Black And Purple, I do not have a boyfriend.

The Time I Met My Name Twin, Who Is A Shepherdess
Sheryl Sandberg Tells Women It's OK To Cry At Work
Whose Offices Are Germier: Men's Or Women's?
The Most Embarrassing Moment You Never Had In The '80s -- But I Did
LOOK: How Men Responded To This Woman's Fake Profile
BLOG POSTS
Sheryl Sandberg: A New Metaphor for Your Career
A career is no longer like a ladder; it's like a jungle gym. For your career, look for opportunities, look for growth, look for impact, look for a mission. Move sideways, move down, move on, move off.
Laura March: Grieving Before Graduating
Grief is not an emotion I expected to experience in college. I struggled to discuss my feelings with classmates who had never considered their parents' mortality.
Kitty Stryker: The Last Relationship Advice You Need
I mean... where's the article about this for men? About how they'll have to stop being shallow, selfish liars in order to get married? Why aren't they included in this advice?
Shannon Bradley-Colleary: Abstinence Got Me Pregnant
My father ruined any shot I had at teen pregnancy the night senior second baseman Mike Sheridan came to call at our home and my dad answered the door conveniently cleaning his Magnum .45.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top