Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What I Never Knew About Myself Until I Had A Daughter

Tuesday, May 29, 2012
A storm had just passed. She was dressed for rain, in her Hello Kitty boots. We were waiting by the front stoop for my husband. The puddle I chose was dirty, but exactly the right size for maximum splash. I had my rain-boots on too -- navy blue, no cats. So I went first and showed my toddler how to jump: bend your knees, spring up, see the splash ... and, she cracked up every time. She ran in circles and kicked at the puddle over and over.

Click here for the full story.
WATCH: 'Cake Boss' Creates The Ultimate First Birthday Cake
A Pediatrician's New TV Rules
6-Year-Old Girl Breaks National Record
'Mom Style' Through The Decades
New Findings About Giving Babies Soy
BLOG POSTS
JJ Keith: How a Teenage Boy Taught Me to Be a Mother
For the first year of my daughter's life, everything was big: big love, big frustration, big anxiety, big mood swings, big me. Not since I was a teen had I been so transfixed by my own now-shriveled navel.
Alex McCord: Baby Name or Weapon of Mass Humiliation?
What's the worst thing you've ever let your older child do to the younger one?
Karith Foster: What They Don't Tell You About Getting Pregnant...
Pregnancy is like stand-up comedy. When you watch people do it on TV it looks easy, every now and again it looks painful, but there's always some part of you that's thinking: Psh! I could do that.
Amy Weber: How Our Society Has Manifested the Bullying Epidemic
Bullying is a multi-layered epidemic. It's like a disease that cultivates and feeds off of the bloodline of social acceptance and like-minded opinion, fueled by fear and pain so deep, it is subconscious. But where exactly does bullying originate?
Virginia Gilbert, MFT: What to Do When Co-Parenting Doesn't Work
Divorce is terrible enough, but to have a divorce that is so hellish as to make co-parenting impossible is another kind of terrible altogether.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top