Friday, May 11, 2012

What I Know About Motherhood Now That...

Friday, May 11, 2012
I am a new mother to my first and only daughter. She is what I call our pink caboose, a little sister to three boys ages 9, 8, and 4. Having ridden this motherhood rollercoaster for nearly a decade, I have changed and been changed immensely since the first time I held a newborn of my own in my arms and wondered how on earth I could be entrusted to keep him alive without the aid of a professional. But I can say that I always wanted to have the chance to raise a daughter. It was an opportunity I had always assumed would come my way... Then it didn't. After the birth of my third baby boy, I started to come to terms with the possibility that I might never have a daughter. I was so incredibly blessed to have my brood of boys, and I knew that. My guys showed me the world in a different, sometimes absolutely crazy, but always interesting way. They taught me how to be a mother. They taught me how I wanted to mother.

...I Have A Child With Special Needs
...I Am An Adoptive Parent
...I Have Tweens
...My Baby Is 18-Years-Old
BLOG POSTS
Lisa Belkin: No. I Am Not Mom Enough.
Breastfeeding is not a macho test of motherhood, with the winner being the one who nurses the longest. In fact there ARE no macho tests of motherhood.
Amber Dusick: LOOK: What Mom Really Needs On Mother's Day
2012-05-11-Screenshot20120511at3.22.00PM.png
Dionna Ford: Why I Am Proud To Have Taken Part In The Photo Shoot For TIME
My son is no more dependent on me because he has nursed for four years than the child who never breastfed. He does not view my breasts in a sexual light; there is nothing perverse about him nursing.
Jennifer Newcomb Marine: Mother's Day vs. Stepmother's Day: Who Owns It?
Both divorced moms and stepmoms deserve to be fully honored for our contributions and all that we bring to our families.
Hannah Brown: My Son, King of All Wild Things
While Where The Wild Things Are isn't meant to be about autism, I think it has a special resonance for my son, as well as for other children who have difficulty communicating.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top