Thursday, May 31, 2012

STattoo Spirit, Pagan Books, What Atheists And Believers Can Learn From Each Other

Thursday, May 31, 2012
My wife got her first tattoo this weekend. It's a lovely piece, one that she's been contemplating for most of our 14-year partnership. The wait was worth it! I myself have a number of tattoos, but the ones I'm really proud of came from a little tattoo parlor in Copenhagen, Denmark named Kunsten på Kroppen, which means, "the art on the body." Recently, a friend who shares my theological commitments, and who bore witness to my wife's tattoo experience, asked me about the spiritual significance of getting a tattoo. The question prompted me to reflect more deeply on the spirituality of art on the body.
27 Essential Pagan Books For Your Bookshelf (ADD YOUR OWN)
Turning 40: Ways Every Woman Can live in 4-D
Would King Have Evolved On
Gay Rights?
Turbans And Sikh And Muslim MTA Workers
Did The Pope's Butler Act Alone?
BLOG POSTS
Rabbi Geoffrey A. Mitelman: What Believers and Atheists Can Learn From Each Other
We don't have to agree with someone in order to learn from them. As Ben Zoma, a second century Jewish sage, reminds us: "Who is wise? The person who learns from all people."
Kecia Ali: My Neighbor's Faith: Belief-O-Matic and Me
According to the Internet, I am 100 percent Reform Jew. This came as something of a surprise to me since I'm a Muslim. Let me explain.
Carol Orsborn: Downtime: A Life's Work in Question
The possibility that I am to pass off the face of this earth not as a headline, nor even as a footnote, is somehow both sobering and liberating.
Robert Klitzman, M.D.: "The doctor will see you...when?": Patients, patience and health care
Recently, I interviewed a group of doctors who had become patients, and who repeatedly described their astonishment to suddenly experience time very differently.
Stephen Schwartz: Sarajevo, 1992-2012: What Future for a Broken Society?
A society that once stood for peace and mutual respect is, for now, free of ongoing collective violence, but has also been shorn of its legacy of intercommunal cooperation. What progress has been made for the ordinary people of Bosnia-Herzegovina?
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top