Monday, May 7, 2012

Senior Corps Week: Honoring Baby Boomers Who Make A Difference

Monday, May 7, 2012
At the age of 59 I found myself in early retirement after a long career in non-profit management. Like so many others new to retirement, I had time on my hands and a desire to give back. So I started a consulting business out of my home, which allowed me to use my skills and gain some income.

GLBTQ Peace Corps Volunteers Overcome Challenges Disclosing Sexuality
Major Companies Sign Petition, Pull Village Voice Ads Amid Trafficking Scandal
Man Saves Woman From Burning Car, Honors Son Who Died In Crash
5 College Students Work To Bring Solar Power To 1 Million Homes In Africa
'Hackathon' Leads To Viable Tech Solutions For Homeless
BLOG POSTS
Ricki Lake: Birth in Brazil
The cultural fear is so intense that many Brazilian women are terrified of experiencing even the slightest contraction and believe that a vaginal birth will damage their bodies irreparably. Secondly, the physicians and pediatricians do not practice in groups and must be on call for their private patients 24/7.
Antonio Ennis: What Bank of America Taught Me About America
I've learned a lot in my 45 years. I've learned from hustling in the streets of Boston, from more than two decades in the rap game, from being a landlord, a retail store owner, and the father of six daughters. But some of the most important things I know, I learned from Bank of America.
Michel Sidibé: Giving Power to Couples to End the AIDS Epidemic
For the AIDS response, couples' testing and counselling should be one more turning point to expand options to strengthen the impact of HIV prevention and treatment.
Helene Gayle: Stand Up for Moms and Babies Around the World
The devoted, loving women in our lives deserve a special day of thanks for all they have done and continue to do. On this Mother's Day though, we're asking you to take a moment to think about mothers you don't know, mothers who need your help.
Ernest Callenbach: Epistle to the Ecotopians
Since I wrote Ecotopia, I have become less confident of humans' political ability to act on commonsense, shared values. Our era has become one of spectacular polarization, with folly multiplying on every hand.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top