Friday, May 11, 2012

The Most Pressing Gay Issue, Crazy Homophobic Rant, 'Raining Men' Redux' And More

Friday, May 11, 2012
It's Friday and that means time for another Poll Position question and your chance to sound off on a topic facing the LGBT community.

It was a big week -- from North Carolina passing Amendment One to President Obama declaring his support for same-sex marriage -- and it has us thinking about the LGBT movement and its goals.

So this week we're asking you to tell us what you think the most pressing issue facing the LGBT community is.

Vote below and then sound off in the comments section (especially if your choice for the most pressing issue isn't listed and you chose "other").



Then have a look at the slideshow below to view some of the responses to Obama's announcement we found on Twitter:
Lesbian Seeking Marriage License Arrested In North Carolina
WATCH: Nebraska Woman Offers Graphic Homophobic Rant During Lincoln's Anti-Discrimination Law Hearings
'It's Raining Men,' Redux: A Weather Girl Looks Back On 30 Years Of A Disco Classic
Gay Minnesota Teen Commits Suicide After Allegedly Being Tormented By Classmates
Gay Rights Pioneers On Obama: 'He Stood On The Side Of Love'
BLOG POSTS
Tracy Rodemeyer: Mother's Day 2012: My First Without My Son
This Mother's Day I will pray to Jamey to let him know how much we all miss him, and how I wish I could have done more to convince him to stay with us on Earth, and how I wish he could have spent all my remaining Mother's Days with me.
Jincey Lumpkin: Lying About Being a Lesbian? My Ex-Boyfriend's Response
I decided to interview my ex-boyfriend for his perspective on my coming out. We always hear what it's like for the gay person, but there are countless ex-girlfriends, ex-boyfriends, ex-spouses, and ex-lovers who are left reeling from the shock of the lies. This is his side of the story.
Rabbi Jason Miller: Obama, Gay Marriage Equality and Lag Ba'Omer
For gays and lesbians who have fought for marriage equality, Lag Ba'Omer 2012 was an epic day on which a plague ended.
Graham Milne: I Can't Worry About Gay Marriage; I'm Too Focused on My Own
That, I think, is how one preserves the sacred institution of marriage -- by making our own an example of the best that it can be, not fretting fruitlessly over whether other people can or can't get married to the person they love.
Peter Yeo: LGBT Rights Do Not End at Our Borders
Americans can be proud that the U.S. and the U.N. are working side by side to tackle tough issues and build a more secure, peaceful future.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top