Friday, May 18, 2012

In Love, Does Height Matter?..What Women Don't Want From Sex..Best Lady Tweets

Friday, May 18, 2012
My phone gave a satisfying bing as a new message from OkCupid.com, the ubiquitous free online dating site, popped onto the screen: "LimeGreenRobot is checking you out!"

Apparently LimeGreenRobot liked what he saw, and sent me a message asking an important question to consider before even contemplating a first date: "Who is your favorite superhero? I like Captain Planet." He claimed to be college educated, appeared to be attractive, used correct grammar, and had acceptable taste in music -- everything I usually require from an online suitor before I respond. However, his profile said he stands at an elfish 5-foot-5, while I am an Amazonian 5-foot-10. What to do? Dare I dodge OKCupid's arrow and ignore a potential soul mate, just because of his height?

Why French Women Get A Bad Rap
WATCH: Hilarious Video Reveals What Women Don't Want From Sex
PHOTO: Another Reason To Be Glad It's Not 1948
The Best Tweets From Women This Week
BLOG POSTS
Marlo Thomas: Maria Shriver's Amazing Commencement Speech
I wanted to share a wonderful speech by my friend Maria Shriver from her daughter's graduation from my alma mater, USC. There is wonderful wisdom in her words. She is right that all too often in our own lives we are not living in the moment, always for something tomorrow, next week or next year.
Barbara & Shannon Kelley: How About a War FOR Women?
I sometimes wonder if we've been so busy defending ourselves from recent assaults that we've become too distracted and too exhausted to regain our forward momentum.
Cristen Conger: Ultimatums and the Irrational Economics of Relationships
To puzzle out whether this kind of romantic bargaining is worth the risk, it might be wiser to consult an economist than a relationship expert.
Suzanne Guilette: Dream On: An Ode to Donna Summer
I finally had a moment to digest this sad news. I'd been humming "On the Radio" all day long, half-expecting others to join in. The late day sun filtered down, and I could feel tears springing to my eyes.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top