Thursday, May 17, 2012

Facebook, Netiquette And The Bible

Thursday, May 17, 2012
The new platforms have serious pitfalls. Users of social networks, including people of faith, have only begun to lay ground rules for healthy interchange. Careful consideration of the stakes has not accompanied the sudden leap into a new era of social media. We face a daily array of ethical decisions: "Can I push the 'send' button? He was a jerk to me at the meeting yesterday, and he should hear what I have to say while I am still angry." "Is it OK to post this picture on Facebook, even if I have not asked my friend's permission? We look very funny, and my buddies will get a kick out of it." "As long as I am tweeting, can I tell the world what I really think of this person? I have no plans to see her anytime soon, and besides, her politics are very extreme."
The Superhero Summit: G8 Leaders' Chance To Change The World For Good
Gay Librarian Rejects 'Lifestyle Statement' At Christian University
Psalm 1: Putting Evil In Its Place
Legion Of Christ Rocked By Another Priest Scandal
WATCH: Church Sues Oregon Family For Bad Review
BLOG POSTS
Fahad Faruqui: Islam: Giving Shelter to Those Who Seek Refuge
"Islamic law preserves the rights of refugees. In a society true to the Islamic laws, a refugee will most certainly enjoy the freedom, without the pressure of repatriating."
Rev. Seamus P. Finn, OMI: An Interfaith Earth Day Celebration in Roanoke
Local communities are often confronted with proposals that suggest we sacrifice these priorities for the sake of jobs, development or progress. We can have both.
Patricia McGuire: Girl Scouts and God's Grace
Real evil abounds in our world each day, and most of us are doing our level best to relieve the pain of evil's fallout. Faith leaders should support the good people who work hard to make a positive difference for children in this very imperfect world.
Mallory McDuff, Ph.D.: Party Crasher at the Church
As I shared stories of people planting gardens around churches, installing solar panels on sanctuaries and advocating for renewable energy policies, I saw parishioners nodding in affirmation, even as they grieved a tragic death.
Tara Woodard-Lehman: The Beast of Mental Illness
A few months ago musician Phill Eason asked me to make a prop for a musical. But this was not your average musical. In part, because it used cosmic, apocalyptic images from scripture. In part, because it was set in a modern-day mental-health ward.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top