Wednesday, May 2, 2012

9 Ways To Help Parents Raising Children With Special Needs

Wednesday, May 2, 2012
When I set out to write 7 Things You Don't Know About a Special Needs Parent, I was a little nervous. I thought to myself, Who am I to speak for all special needs parents? My situation felt unique, and maybe no one would relate to what I was going through. I was encouraged by this post, though, and thought I would at the very least write it for myself, and share it with my friends, since these were hard things for me to talk about.

7 Unique Gifts For Hipster Moms
Dad's Public Punishment For 'Mean Girl' Daughter
Meet Mensa's Youngest Member!
POLL: What Do You Think Of Jessica Simpson's Baby Name Choice?
Dad Makes Tragic Announcement On 'Avery's Bucket List'
BLOG POSTS
Lisa Belkin: Parents Aren't Eating As Healthy As They Should -- Stop The Presses
Nutrition is one of the many examples of how parents want children to do as we say and not what we do (particularly when what we are doing is scarfing the leftover bits of chicken nuggets as we carry the plates to the dishwasher.)
Linda Wachtel: Watching Avery's Story, Remembering My Son's
We are a family shaped by Jordan. We honor that by remembering him, by telling his story. And, like Avery's family, we also remember that we are part of a community of families.
Deborah Stambler: Judy Blume's Advice on Getting Your Kids to Read
Before you give your child a book, leave it lying around the house.Then, when your daughter asks about it, tell her that you picked it up for her, but now you're not sure she's old enough for it.
Beth Kobliner: Do Family Dinners Improve Your Finances?
Your assignment: Try committing to some healthy routines, like aiming for at least two family meals a week to start. I'm sensing a reality show in the making: The Biggest Saver, anyone?
John McCormick: How to Become a 'Story Dad'
When dads tell me they don't know how to tell stories, what they're often saying is, they don't know how to talk with their kids.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top