Thursday, May 24, 2012

8 Great Meat-Free Protein Sources

Thursday, May 24, 2012
One of the most common myths about the vegetarian diet is that after ditching meat it becomes nearly impossible to meet the suggested guidelines for protein intake.

The USDA recommends that women get about 46 grams of protein a day and men get about 56. Some people, like athletes and pregnant or breastfeeding women, may need more, according to WebMD.

But, thanks in part to initiatives like Meatless Monday, this year, Americans are expected to eat 12 percent less meat and poultry than five years ago, USA Today reported.

While protein is essential to growth, building muscle, the immune system and heart and respiratory functions, MSNBC explains, meat-free protein has the benefit of generally being lower in calories and fat than the animal variety.
You Tried It: Core-Strengthening And Toning Exercises
The New Way To Beat Food Cravings
Another Link Between Sleep Apnea And Diabetes?
Italian Doctors Save Baby With Smallest Artificial Heart
BLOG POSTS
Arianna Huffington: The Moment I Knew I Needed More Sleep
The moment I knew I needed more sleep was four years ago, when I learned the value of sleep -- the hard way. What was the moment you knew you needed to get more sleep? I want to hear your story.
Gabrielle Bernstein: The Principles For Passion
In my 12 years as an entrepreneur I've come to realize that without my deep passion and desire to serve, I never would've been able to accomplish what I have.
Laura Berman Fortgang: Making Way For Clarity: 5 Tips For When Your GPS Is 'Recalculating'
If you're not getting the results you want, if you're frustrated because you feel clueless as to your next steps or if you just feel stale, these basics will be worth the visit.
Steven Reiss, Ph.D.: How To Motivate Someone
We are learning that people are motivated to assert their values. So if you want to motivate someone -- a loved one, a student, or employees -- you would be wise to focus on what they care about.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Copyright © Breaking News Best Site News | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top